1. Can I register on line? In a word, no. Through the years we have found that because of the many inquiries about our classes and availabilities, it is more efficient for our students to register by phone 941 925 GLAS (4527), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What is the Fused Combo Class? Our Fused Combo class offers multiple projects using the same fusing technique. This allows our students to attend the same class although their projects are different.
3. What is the Tools Class? This class is for students that want to learn how to work on their own. This is a ‘how to’ class including demo, lecture and hands on learning how to use all the tools necessary to work independently. Stay to hone you skills by working in Open Studio creating your first project.
3. What classes do you offer for children and what is the youngest age SSG accepts? We are the only glass school in Florida teaching children from 4 years old and up. SSG believes that introducing children to many different forms of art at a young age broadens their interests. Look in our Fused Combo classes and Under $35 classes for the perfect class for your child. The following symbol will appear in each class description for those appropriate for all children.
4, Does SSG offer a summer camp? In place of a summer camp program, we offer Mommy & Me and Family Day. Since our classes are geared towards families and friends, groups and parties, it is only appropriate that we should offer classes that include all relatives during the summer when children can join together in family outings. (Watch for our announcement for these two very popular summer classes).
5. When will my project be done? Can I take it home the same day? Each project created at SSG has to be fired in the kiln. A 3 dimensional project such as a vase or bowl takes two firings. The first to fuse your design, and the second to slump into the shape. Each firing is 24 hours, so most projects take 2 days to fire. Although the studio has four large kilns, during season you might have to wait 2-3 weeks. If you are visiting Sarasota, please let us know when you are leaving so we can have your project ready for you. You also have the option of shipping your glass.
6. What Specials and Discounts does SSG offer? Besides our monthly BOGO and Groupon Coupons, we offer group discounts, class specials, free birthday coupons and our VERY popular Date Night the third Friday of the month. Click here to view all these offers.
7. Does SSG offer classes other than beginner projects? Yes. Check out our Master Classes. Although we do encourage our students to take a beginner fusing class first, because different techniques are used in creating these other projects, students with little or no experience in fusing can register for these classes.